It is that time of year to look at the 16 teams vying for the one win at the end of the NCAA Hockey Tournament.
The NCHC has three entrants: Saint Cloud State, North Dakota, and Denver. We do not think that the trio will fair well, or at least not well enough to make the Frozen Four.
The writers here have posted their picks for the Frozen Four with the bonus of an impartial coin flip pick.
The Coin “chose” Boston College, Quinnipiac, Ferris State, and Minnesota. Maybe the best picks I have seen so far?
Anyway, Andrew Craig (@CollegeHockeyHH) has posted the picks of:
- Boston College beating UMass-Lowell
- Providence beating Union
- Ferris State beating North Dakota
- Minnesota beating Notre Dame
Our resident prognosticator Andy Fiskness (@afiakness) has posted the following:
- Boston College defeating UMass-Lowell
- Union defeating Providence
- Ferris State defeating Wisconsin
- Minnesota defeating Saint Cloud State
Upset special: Denver beating Boston College in the first round. Sam Brittain can carry the Pioneers. If he is on his game, the Eagles are prime for an early exit from the tournament.